[ltp] T41 disk drive problem

Paul Kaplan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 6 Dec 2006 21:52:03 -0500

Dan,
What do you mean by "on top of the disk bay".  There is a rubber foot pad on
the outside of the case that keeps the machine from sliding when placed on a
flat surface, but it seems to be a bit thinner than the one you are
describing.  I don't see how this would interfere with the drive.  Is there
another pad inside the drive bay?  Where is it located?  top/bottom?
front/back? near/away from the opening? I also have a T43 which has a pretty
similar case and I see no sign of an internal rubber pad.

When you "worked" it out, which way did you rock the drive? Up/down?
front/back?

This driive seems pretty well jammed in there
Paul