[ltp] T41 disk drive problem

Dan Sawyer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 06 Dec 2006 19:20:07 -0800

Paul,

No it is not on the outside. It is on the inside.

On my T41 it was on the top, inside of the bay near the pins. It is
close to a half circle about 1/2 inch by 1 inch. I was working with two
different disks and was swapping drives frequently. The first few swaps
were uneventful. However soon inserting a disk became difficult. I
noticed the 'pad' was coming loose and removed it. This resolved the issue.

- Dan