[ltp] Re: 64-bit Linux on core-2-duo's?

Matt Ettus linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 7 Dec 2006 00:33:50 -0800

I've got a T60 with Core 2 Duo.  Tried running Ubuntu 6.10 64-bit on
it, but couldn't get wireless working, and lots of other stuff was
flaky.  Don't think wired ethernet worked either, but I may be wrong.
Reinstalled 6.10 in 32-bit mode and it was mostly ok.

Then I installed FC6 64-bit and everything works great!  Even have
compiz and all the cool 3D features working properly.   I've got one
of the 1400x1050 machines with Intel graphics, so no silly ATI drivers
needed.  Definitely worth getting the Intel GFX.

Matt