[ltp] Purchasing a Thinkpad without OS?

Baz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 7 Dec 2006 12:59:44 -0800

------=_Part_64275_30344198.1165525184269

Buy it directly from Lenovo.

On 12/7/06, Kristian Berge Nessa <kristian@cavatina.no> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know if, and in case: - where - it is possible to buy a
> Thinkpad
> without OS on it?
>
> As we're going to install our own choice of operating system on it anyway,
> my
> company has no interest in supporting the development & continued
> existence
> of the inferior system that usually comes preinstalled.
>
> I had to bite the sour apple on my current T60p, which incidentally was
> purchased only days before the Lenovo/Novell agreement, but for my next
> less-urgent secondary laptop I'll not give in that easily.
>
> Even this much hyped SuSE-supported T60p I have had no success in finding
> anywhere in the "real" world. I was actually dreaming of a X60s this time,
> but wondering whether querying every dealer on the planet would do any
> good,
> or if I should give up straight away. Has ever a Thinkpad left the Lenovo
> assembly line (figuratively speaking... :P ) without a preinstalled OS?
>
> Anyone like to report their stories of success or failure on this matter?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Kristian Berge Nessa
> kristian@cavatina.no
>
> Cavatina Software AS - Systems development & Free Software consulting
> Einervn. 2A, N-4056 Tananger, Norway
> Tel.: +47 414 49 991
> --

"...heart and soul....one will burn."
- Joy Division

------=_Part_64275_30344198.1165525184269

Buy it directly from Lenovo.&nbsp; <br><br>
Even this much hyped SuSE-supported T60p I have had no success in finding<br>anywhere in the &quot;real&quot; world. I was actually dreaming of a X60s this time,<br>but wondering whether querying every dealer on the planet would do any good,

------=_Part_64275_30344198.1165525184269--