[ltp] full support for UltraNav

Peter F. Patel-Schneider linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 07 Dec 2006 19:42:20 -0500

I see quite a number of web pages that claim that various Linux
distributions support the UltraNav device "out of the box".  However,
when I put Fedora Core 6 up on my T60p the reality was quite different.

Yes, the trackpoint and the touchpad worked, however, there was no
control interface for the touchpad, in particular no way to turn off
"tap to select".  (There was a way to turn off "press to select" on the
trackpoint, but that is different.)

So, my question is how can I get full control of the UltraNav device,
including tap to select on the touchpad.

Peter F. Patel-Schneider

PS:  I have other issues with Linux on my T60p, but that is the more
annoying one right now.