[ltp] Can bot use Fn+F7 to switch LCD/CRT on Thinkpad X60s

Andreas Gredler linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 9 Dec 2006 14:57:14 +0100

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 10:04:19AM -0500, Alex Deucher wrote:
> On 12/5/06, gulfstream <gulfstream.wang@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Could you illustrate me how to solve this problem. Thanks.
>
> See my previous email.  If fn-f7 doesn't work when just grub or the
> bios is active then, I suspect you are out of luck.  You'll have to
> use the dualhead and clone features of the xorg driver which won't
> help with the console.

BTW: Even if switching works when bios or grub is active, it doesn't
mean that fn-f7 is working. On my X60s I can switch during bootup
but no chance to get it done, when linux is running. I can use the acpi
events to grab the toggle of fn-f7, but it doesn't help since I can't
switch the screen in software. So I'm stuck with "clone", too.

greets Jimmy

--
                 Andreas "Jimmy" Gredler
   ,'"`.         http://www.jimmy.co.at/ | jimmy@g-tec.co.at