[ltp] Boot from PCMCIA cdrom?

cloakable linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 9 Dec 2006 21:25:54 +0000

--nextPart33313385.bvIqHJy9NA

I now have a 240, the floppy drive, and the PCMCIA cdrom - both floppy and=
=20
cdrom drives are IBM.

But now I'm looking for a bootdisk that will let me boot my Fluxbuntu cdrom=
=2E=20
I've found smart boot manager, but that doesn't pick up the cdrom. The DSL=
=20
bootdisks pick up the cdrom, but won't boot it. Same with the Debian ones.=
=20
And AFAIK, Ubuntu doesn't provide any bootdisks to enable booting from a=20
PCMCIA cdrom. (How did they come to that decision, I will probably never=20
comprehend.)

Can anyone help me get booted? I can easily handle it from there, but this =
bit=20
has me stumped. :(