[ltp] Activating Built in Ev-Do (verizon) in linux?

WSR linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 12 Dec 2006 18:35:42 -0800

    Hello,

    I see on thinkwiki
(http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Verizon_1xEV-DO_WWAN) that there are some
brief instructions for what to give verizon if you need to activate your
card in linux.

    Has anyone successfully done this?  Is there any other commands one
must run to the modem to get the card to work, or is the activation
really just them adding your esn to their database?  Does the windows
activation procedure modify the modem's configuration in any way?

    Thank you for any light you can shed!  I finally have gotten the
modem to power on in linux after 6 months, so hopefully I can get it
activated ;)

    -Scott