[ltp] T22 Thinkpad Suspend to Ram w/ Linux

Thu, 14 Dec 2006 09:26:08 +0100

On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 22:44:23 +0200, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 01:16:50PM -0500, John Shillinglaw wrote:
> > I have a 900 Mhz T22 Thinkpad that dual boots Win Xp and Linux ( Gentoo
> > with Kernel 2.6.19 )
> >
> > I can suspend to ram fine with windows, but when I try it with Linux the
> > moon symbol on the laptop just keeps flashing and the screen stays blank
> > when I try to revive the laptop. I've trying pretty much everything from
> > the thinkpad wiki with regards to gettinng acpi or suspend to work.
> >
> > Anyone have any ideas or success with suspending this laptop?

You could try to boot in single user mode and unload all modules that
are not needed, and then just do echo mem > /sys/power/state.

> I've had success suspending my T23.  Debian with APM (and lots of manual
> configuration), Ubuntu with ACPI (worked out of the box after I enabled
> suspend in one config file).

T23 is completely differend hardware compared to the T22 (i830 chipset
vs. BX chipset).

Regards,
Tino