[ltp] Problems with Ubuntu 2.6.17-10?

Norman Walsh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 14 Dec 2006 14:28:53 -0500

--=-=-=

This morning I upgraded my Ubuntu Edgy box and got the 2.6.17-10
kernel. Since that upgrade, my system (a Thinkpad T42p) has become
very unstable.

After booting, it runs for some number of seconds or minutes then
the display goes black. Sometimes I can cause it to shutdown via
the power button, but sometimes it just completely hangs.

I tried being logged in from another box via SSH to see if it was
some random X issue, but that doesn't seem to be it. The connection
hangs on the other box. I don't see a panic or other message
on the console or /var/log/syslog, as best as I can see them.

I've tried both wifi (via ath0) and eth0, but that doesn't seem
to have any effect. Nor does using the -generic or -386 versions.

Help?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

=2D-=20