[ltp] T22 Thinkpad Suspend to Ram w/ Linux

Daniel Maier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 12 Dec 2006 22:40:55 +0100

--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua

On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 01:16:50PM -0500, John Shillinglaw wrote:
> I have a 900 Mhz T22 Thinkpad that dual boots Win Xp and Linux ( Gentoo
> with Kernel 2.6.19 )
This is a known problem since kernel 2.6.16.
>=20
> I can suspend to ram fine with windows, but when I try it with Linux the
> moon symbol on the laptop just keeps flashing and the screen stays blank
> when I try to revive the laptop. I've trying pretty much everything from
> the thinkpad wiki with regards to gettinng acpi or suspend to work.
>=20
> Anyone have any ideas or success with suspending this laptop?
You can try ec_intr=3D0 as kernel commandline. This seems to fix the
problem for some people. On my T22 it makes resuming in maybe 50%
possible.

A solution which is not better but works 100% for me is using a
kernel before 2.6.16. This makes resuming here working very
reliable.

Regards, nusse.

--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua

--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua--