[ltp] Re: Problems with Ubuntu 2.6.17-10?

Norman Walsh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 15 Dec 2006 09:23:28 -0500

On 12/14/06, Bernard Tremblay <imaginasys@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> If you want to know what was changed/installed look in the dpkg log:

Thanks. I booted off a Knoppix 5.0.1 CD and was working my way through
some web searching and IRC when it crashed in exactly the same way. So
now I'm really concerned.

IBM tech support suggested that I get the bootable PC Doctor ISO image
and try that.
Alas, it runs all the diagnostics without problems.

So I'm faced with either a problem that exists in the Knoppix image
from June and
the Ubuntu install from yesterday (but not in any install from any
previous Ubuntu release) or a hardware problem exercised by Linux but
not identified by the diagnostic tool.

I suppose I'll go back to Edgy from the CD. If that fails, I guess
I'll go back to Win XP.
If that doesn't fail, I guess I'll sell the laptop and get something else.