[ltp] Thinkpad X30 - Ubuntu 6.10 - Kernel 2.6.19.1 - no suspend

Marcin Trybus linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 15 Dec 2006 22:41:02 +0100

--------------060901000905010202020105

--------------060901000905010202020105

<head>
 http-equiv="Content-Type">
  <title></title>
</head>
Dominik Geisel wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I have a Thinkpad X30 with a PIII-M 1.2 GHz processor. I run
Ubuntu<br>
&gt; 6.10 (Edgy Eft) and out of the box standby (Fn-F4) and
hibernation<br>
&gt; (Fn-F12) work fine.</span><br>
Just like on my T23. Not to mention Fn-F3 &amp; Fn-F7 that also work
out<br>
of the box.<br>
the most recent 2.6.19.1<br>
&gt; <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="http://2.6.19.1">&lt;http://2.6.19.1&gt;</a> for other reasons. I just copied the
Ubuntu<br>
&gt; .config-file (from 2.6.17-10-generic, the default Ubuntu 6.10<br>
&gt; kernel) and deselected lots of kernel options that were
preselected<br>
&gt; for the Ubuntu kernel.</span><br>
I did "make oldconfig" that should have done the same.<br>
the Thinkpad keys - except standby<br>
&gt; and hibernation. The Thinkpad goes into both modes fine (as far
as I<br>
&gt; can see) but never wakes up, the system crashes completely, even<br>
&gt; Ctrl-Alt-Del doesn't work any more.</span><br>
I have exactly the same problem. It kind of powers up, but the moon<br>
LED stays on, HDD doesn't spin up, LCD is blank, right? You tell me<br>
what happened. On top of that the Fn-F3 doesn't work anymore. It<br>
should be something in wake-up scripts but I have no time (or relevant<br>
skill) to look through them.<br>
architecture is correct for the X30's<br>
&gt; PIII-M: Pentium 3 or Pentium M?</span><br>
I have a 1,13GHz Mobile Pentium-III M which has the same core as yours<br>
and it's actually both. I use the latter.<br>
BTW, can a non-Debian user guess how much space to you need to build a<br>
kernel package? My linux/ directory has grown to over 470MB in the<br>
process. %-)<br>
Regards,<br>
Marcin Trybus<br>

--------------060901000905010202020105--