[ltp] Kubuntu and KMilo

Andreas Ntaflos linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 16 Dec 2006 20:30:44 +0100

On Friday 15 December 2006 07:47, amateur wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 01:09:09AM +0100, Andreas Ntaflos wrote:
> > I have another question: how about the Fn-F[1-9] key combinations? I.e.
> > Fn-F4 for sleep, Fn-F12 for hibernate; those don't seem to do anything
> > out of the box on a new install (except Fn-F3 for turning off the
> > display and Fn-F5 for activating the Bluetooth chip). Did you configure
> > them yourself? I had made a few custom scripts on Gentoo, do I need to
> > apply them to my new installation as well, or is there a Ubuntu-way of
> > configuring such things?
>
> You should install the acpi-support package.

That package is already installed and seems to deliver what it
promises: "These are only events that can be supported with any level of
safety cross platform." I had to copy over some of the scripts I had on my
Gentoo install and tell the ibm_acpi module to enable all hotkeys (0xffff)
in /etc/modprobe.d/ibm_acpi.modprobe.

Unfortunately the fan problem remains.
--
Andreas "daff" Ntaflos
Vienna, Austria

GPG Fingerprint: 6234 2E8E 5C81 C6CB E5EC  7E65 397C E2A8 090C A9B4