[ltp] 3D acceleration on ThinkPad T42

Martin Steigerwald linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 17 Dec 2006 13:01:22 +0100

Am Samstag 16 Dezember 2006 13:27 schrieb Paul RIVIER:

> Section "Device"
>         Identifier      "ATI Technologies, Inc. RV350 NP [Mobility
> Radeon 9600/9700 M10/M11]"

Hello,

So you seem to have the same ATI chip. Is that what lspci -nn | grep ATI
tells you, too?

> Section "Device"
>         Driver          "radeon"
>         BusID           "PCI:1:0:0"
>         Option          "AGPMode"       "4"
>         Option          "AGPSize" "64"
>         Option          "EnablePageFlip" "true"
>         Option          "ColorTiling"   "on"
>         Option          "EnableDepthMoves" "true"
>         Option          "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps"
>         Option          "RenderAccel"   "true"
>         Option          "GARTSize"      "64"
>         Option          "DRI"     "true"
>         Option          "DPMS"
>         Option          "DynamicClocks" "on"
> EndSection

Very interesting: Option "DRI" is not mentioned in the manpage of my
radeon driver... which version of the radeon driver you use?

shambala:~> LANG=C apt-cache policy xserver-xorg-video-ati
xserver-xorg-video-ati:
  Installed: 1:6.6.3-2
  Candidate: 1:6.6.3-2
  Version table:
 *** 1:6.6.3-2 0
        990 http://debian.n-ix.net etch/main Packages
        500 http://debian.n-ix.net sid/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Maybe that option is just undocumented, I will try setting. Maybe it
serves as an override option to enable features still considered as
experimental or what... just guessing tough. I think I will try just
copying your Device entry and see if it helps ;)

"EnableDepthMoves", "AGPSize", "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" and "GARTSize" are
also not documented in the radeon man page.

BTW I think Option "DPMS" as well as "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" also should
be written as:

Option "DPMS" "true"

or

Option "DPMS" "false"