[ltp] Basic setup t60p - build MBR

Aaron Mulder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 13:39:38 -0500

In the BIOS I think there's a setting where you can change the SATA
drive to "compatibility mode" or something that makes it looks (more)
like an IDE drive for purposes of a vanilla Windows install CD, etc.
Usually when you do a fresh XP install you have to do the installation
in compatibility mode, then install a driver, then change the BIOS
back to SATA mode and Windows then picks it up OK.

Thanks,
     Aaron