[ltp] bios disk numbering and f12 boot option?

Daniel Maier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 20 Dec 2006 09:14:32 +0100

--WYTEVAkct0FjGQmd

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 06:47:46PM -0800, Dan Sawyer wrote:
> All,
>=20
> Does anyone happen to know if booting with the f12 option causes the=20
> bios to remap the hd0, hd1, etc disk numbering? For example, if the=20
> drive that is normally hd1 is selected as the boot drive does remap it=20
> to hd0 for the boot?

I do not know wether it helps you, but I have noticed the following
behaviour: Selecting the CDROM as first boot device does not make
the BIOS boot from CDROM, while pressing F12 and selecting CDROM
does.

Regards, nusse.

--WYTEVAkct0FjGQmd

--WYTEVAkct0FjGQmd--