[ltp] Xen or VMWare

David Abrahams linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 20 Dec 2006 12:59:50 -0500

Hi,

I need to be able to run 'doze on my T60p from time to time.  I like
the idea of using Xen because VMWare doesn't support booting from a
partition on an SATA drive, and I'd like to keep the option to boot
straight into Windows available.  However, I'm worried that Xen's
hypervisor, that uses an older kernel, will cost me all the nice ACPI
and other features that I get by using a more recent kernel in my
Linux installation.  Seems to me it's either that, or all the OSes you
run under Xen would have to compete for control over all those
things...  OK, looks like I may have answered my own question. See
http://www.xensource.com/summerofcode.html#6

If anyone has experience to share here, it would be very welcome.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting