[ltp] X60s w/t 2.6.19 - occasional freezes

Martin Lorenz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 16:13:12 +0100

On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 03:09:28PM +0100, Guillermo Ju=C3=A1rez wrote:
> It's kind of strange since I have a x60s and with 2.6.19 everything,
> and I mean everything works fine.

maybe we should compare kernel .config?

which model do you own?
I've got a 1702-55G

>=20
> On 12/21/06, Martin Lorenz <martin@lorenz.eu.org> wrote:
> >Dear friends of the code,
> >
> >now that I was hoping I had got rid of all show stoppers for my platform
> >(Lenovo X60s) I experience a new VERRY annoying failure:
> >
> >the systzem freezes from time to time without any detectable pattern.
> >no log entry, no disk activity, no net response, nothing. just frozen
> >screen. only thing that still works is the thinklight button (Fn+PgUP)
> >
> >it has happened 6 or 7 times so far. only with 2.6.19 kernel
> >I have not yet installed a newer one
> >

> >thanks a lot
> >  mlo
> >--
> >Dipl.-Ing. Martin Lorenz
> >
> >            They that can give up essential liberty
> >            to obtain a little temporary safety
> >            deserve neither liberty nor safety.
> >                                   Benjamin Franklin
> >
> >please encrypt your mail to me
> >GnuPG key-ID: F1AAD37D
> >get it here:
> >http://blackhole.pca.dfn.de:11371/pks/lookup?op=3Dget&search=3D0xF1AAD37D
> >
> >ICQ UIN: 33588107
> >--
> >
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> Guillermo Ju=C3=A1rez
> Research Assistant
> Office LF 123, phone +49 203 379-1447
> COLLIDE Research Group
> University of Duisburg-Essen
>=20
> guillermo.juarez@gmail.com

gruss
  mlo
--
Dipl.-Ing. Martin Lorenz

            They that can give up essential liberty=20
	    to obtain a little temporary safety=20