[ltp] Vote on the design of future ThinkPad

Eric Jorgensen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 18:34:22 -0700

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 23:57:26 +0000
Richard Neill <rn214@hermes.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> Yes...but a DVI socket can easily be converted to VGA with a simple
> adapter, costing about $2. Not so easy to go the other way. Besides
> which, VGA really doesn't work if the cable is longer than 2m - the
> projector in our lab is on the end of a 20m cable, with 3 joins in it,
> and the ghosting is horrid!

   That depends on the quality of the cable.

   Not to say you can easily do 20 meters, but if you have one (1) cable
with no joins, and that cable contains 3 75-ohm coaxial cables for red,
green, and blue, you should be able to get at least half a dozen meters
without ghosting.