[ltp] X60s w/ 2.6.19 - occasional freezes

Martin Lorenz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 22 Dec 2006 07:30:59 +0100

--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh

On Fri, Dec 22, 2006 at 01:01:21AM +0200, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 01:08:58PM +0100, Martin Lorenz wrote:
> > now that I was hoping I had got rid of all show stoppers for my platform
> > (Lenovo X60s) I experience a new VERRY annoying failure:
> >=20
> > the systzem freezes from time to time without any detectable pattern.
> > no log entry, no disk activity, no net response, nothing. just frozen=
=20
> > screen. only thing that still works is the thinklight button (Fn+PgUP)
>=20
> Does it unfreeze if you wait 30-60 seconds?
>=20
nope

it drops dead

last time I had that I was away from my desk when it froze.
when I came back it was frozen and after reboot I saw that the latest log
entry prior to reboot was two hours old

> My coworker's X60s does that.  Ubuntu Edgy, kernel 2.6.17.  It seems to
> be related to sound.
>=20
I have the feeling it's related to heat or to the dock
I can't remeber a freeze when NOT docked, but I might err

gruss
  mlo
--
Dipl.-Ing. Martin Lorenz

            They that can give up essential liberty=20
	    to obtain a little temporary safety=20
	    deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                   Benjamin Franklin

please encrypt your mail to me