[ltp] ppracer does not work due to 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x4b

Martin Steigerwald linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 22 Dec 2006 15:46:32 +0100

Am Dienstag 19 Dezember 2006 20:15 schrieb Marius Gedminas:
> On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 11:54:47AM +0100, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > well some issue still remains - Planet Penguin Racer does not work,
> > it works with fglrx:

> > martin@shambala:~> ppracer
> > PPRacer 0.3.1 --  http://racer.planetpenguin.de
> > (c) 2004-2005 The PPRacer team
> > (c) 1999-2001 Jasmin F. Patry<jfpatry@sunspirestudios.com>
> > PPRacer comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software,
> > and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.
> > See http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html for details.
> >
> > libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x4b
> > *** ppracer error: Couldn't initialize video: Couldn't find matching
> > GLX visual (Success)
> > martin@shambala:~#1>
> >
> > No idea, whether ppracer could work without that visual and whether
> > to file a bug report against ppracer of radeon driver ;-)
>
> On my laptop I see the same
>
>   libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x4b
>
> message, but ppracer works.

Hello Marius,

Strange. Do you also have the wierd error / success message:

*** ppracer error: Couldn't initialize video: Couldn't find matching
GLX visual (Success)

Hmmm, which version of ppracer do you use? I have PPRacer 0.3.1 (Debian
package).

Merry Christmas to everyone! ;-)

Regards,