[ltp] xorg.conf for t42p + Dell 2407wfp monitor

Yury linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 25 Dec 2006 15:42:45 -0800

On Monday 25 December 2006 05:16, Aaron Mulder wrote:
> It may be easiest to make sure that 1920x1200 works on the external
> monitor alone, and then worry about adding it into the dual-head
> configuration.  When I tried to use a widescreen monitor under Linux
> the higher widescreen modes weren't recognized automatically.  I had
> to use read-edid to generate the information describing the extra
> resolutions.  After I put that into my config file I was able to run
> it at the max widescreen resolution.  (But caveat, that was not with a
> thinkpad or with this particular monitor.)
>
> Thanks,
>       Aaron
>
> http://john.fremlin.de/programs/linux/read-edid/

Asuming I need to specify parameters that are not automatically detected,
where would I put it? I don't see a place in xorg.conf to specify the second
monitor (other than  CRT2HSync and CRT2VRefresh options under the Device
section. If I need to specify the appropriate Modeline, where would it go?

I have posted my xorg.conf and the log to

http://www.blin.com/web/xorg.conf
http://www.blin.com/web/Xorg.1.0.log

Thanks,
Yury