[ltp] External video woes (T42, Radeon M7 LW)

Fri, 29 Dec 2006 10:48:33 +0200

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8

On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 01:47:31AM +0100, Konstantin Filtschew wrote:
> almost the same on gentoo with T40(Radeon M7 LW). Xrandr stops working
> after some suspend cycles. I've tried to find out why, but there are no
> log entries to watch them out.

It's not just suspend.  Twice already I noticed xrandr plainly not
working just after a clean reboot (but in both cases it started working
after I restarted X).

> 1024x768-1280x1024 works great for me, the only thing is, that I have to
> start X-windows with connected external monitor so the X-window can
> detect the right resolution, else it'll lower it on 1024x768.

I worked around this one by adding CRT2Hsync and CRT2VRefresh options
into my xorg.conf.  I think.  I'm not entirely sure the workaround
works, as I've mostly abandoned dual-head usage due to recent troubles.
But at least "xrandr not listing the 2304 x 1024 mode" is a failure case
I do not remember seeing in a long time.

> Sorry to say, but I can't find a solution at the moment. The Code of
> X-Windows is in heavy development and after one release, there are to
> many changes to fight with :(

Ah, but that's good!  I'd rather see X undergoing some growth pains than
see it completely abandoned.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
"If we were meant to fly, we wouldn't keep losing our luggage."

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8--