[ltp] Re: [ibm-acpi-devel] ibm-acpi ThinkPad X60 brightness support problems

Chris Hanson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 31 Dec 2006 14:39:26 -0500

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> Therefore, we are stuck with properly identifying the bug, and then flooding
> Lenovo with complains from X60 owners still under warranty, requesting a
> fix.  I will add workarounds to ibm-acpi, if one is possible, but we don't
> know much about that yet.
>
> Obviously, I will need help from X60 owners as I cannot reproduce the
> problem without a X60.

This is also a problem with the 2.x versions of the T60 BIOS, so that's
a larger pool of people who can help.  I can provide help, and I'm
willing to write to Lenovo to complain.

The 2.x versions also has the problem that causes the two processors to
be controlled together when doing frequency scaling; in the 1.x the
processors are handled independently.  My limited research seems to
indicate that this is an ACPI problem.