[ltp] Re: Celeron M: admit fan never off more than 90 seconds

Dan Jacobson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 01 Feb 2006 13:10:59 +0800

Glad to hear other r50e owners have managed to keep their fans off for
hours straight. Well then it must be that they have CPUs and GPUs more
amenable to power saving efforts than my:
r50e 1834NV1; Intel(R) Celeron(R) M processor 1.40GHz; 82852/855GM
Integrated Graphics Device; PRO/Wireless 2200BG [off in BIOS]...

Anybody with like hardware kept the fan off for longer than 90
seconds? There is not to much one can do with cpufreq vs. pentiums I
recall.