[ltp] Re: Ultrabay hard drive

Bret Comstock Waldow linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 3 Feb 2006 14:50:14 +1300

--nextPart1244357.x2heskVBUZ

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 14:27, Josh wrote:

> Thanks for your reply.  That link took me to a page
> about MD5-crypt algorithm.

My apologies.  When I followed the link I (thought I) copied, that's what I=
=20
found as well.

Here is the main page:
http://bruno.steadyhosting.co.uk/portal/index.php

Scroll down and find the topic headed:
"VMWare Player (Freeware) Virtual Machines Templates"

=46ollow that to a topic (first in the list) that has a link to a download =
with=20
pre-built, empty VMware Player images, and instructions on how to load your=
=20
own copy of the OS into them.

> My problem is that I can't=20
> figure out how VMware works.  I downloaded the free
> VMware player (which took a couple hours to install
> because it didn't go like the install script was
> telling me).  So I have this thing on my computer and
> my Windows XP disks, but I don't know the next step.

The above would be your next step if VMware Player is installed as you say.

If after reading the topic you decide to give it a go, follow those=20
instructions and tell us any specific problems you run into.  Perhaps we ca=
n=20
help with that.

Cheers,
Bret