[ltp] vlock + suspend to RAM fails

Wolfgang Karall linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 04 Feb 2006 09:45:21 +0100

On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 20:00 -0500, FeRD wrote:
> OnResume 20 /usr/bin/xscreensaver-command -display :0.0 -deactivate

That shouldn't be necessary, hibernate should do the unlocking by itself
(using -deactivate as well), e.g. in my hibernate logfile I see

hibernate: [30] Executing UnlockXScreensaver ...
Unlocking spiney's xscreensaver on display :0.0 using authority file
/home/spiney/.Xauthority

and I get to see the fingerprint or password dialogue from xscreensaver
on resume automatically.

Or do you manually lock the screen instead of using the
LockXScreenSaver configuration setting in hibernate.conf?

Regards
WK
--
http://linux.spiney.org/debian_gnu_linux_on_an_ibm_thinkpad_t43p