[ltp] Mouse/Trackpoint issues with mini-dock (and KVM switch)

Daniel Déchelotte linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 4 Feb 2006 12:18:23 +0100

[5th post: to the list, and subscribed to the list]

Hi,

I use a mini-dock and a (cheap) keyboard-video-mouse [KVM] switch, and I
experience a few annoyances:

Disabled trackpoint :
 - As I plug my T41 onto the mini-dock, the trackpoint no longer
   responds (it works again on undocking, though). Any way to have
   the trackpoint and the external mouse working at the same time?

Lost wheel :
 - If I boot/resume on the mini-dock and its external mouse, the latter
   is correctly recognized as
    "kernel: input: PS2++ Logitech Wheel Mouse as /class/input/input13"
   However, as soon as I undock/redock, I lose the wheel. I have to issue
    sudo modprobe -r psmouse ; sudo modprobe psmouse
   for the wheel to be taken into account again. Same story if I use the
   KVM switch to switch to the other central unit and to switch back to
   my T41. Again, any idea appreciated.

Cheers,
--
Daniel Déchelotte