[ltp] RAM and Thinkpads

Nate Bargmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 5 Feb 2006 15:45:07 -0600

* Nathan Bergen <marmablue@gmail.com> [2006 Feb 05 14:57 -0600]:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking at upgrading the 256mb in my X30, and I'm curious how well
> most ram works with thinkpads.  I know laptops are often picky-choosy,
> and I'm wondering " If I buy a generic 512mb PC133 stick of eBay, will
> it work with my Thinkpad?  I'm looking more for recognize-compatibility
> here, rather than will-it-fit-in-the-slot.

I bought a 512 MB stick off eBay a few weeks back for my T23.  I had no
problem as I limited my search to RAM that specifically mentioned
support for the T23.  With laptops, in particular, experience has taught
that getting RAM made specifically for the machine in question is wise.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of
             My Kawasaki KZ-650 SR @            |     a GNU generation!"