[ltp] vlock + suspend to RAM fails

FeRD linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 05 Feb 2006 23:21:19 -0500

Wolfgang Karall wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 20:00 -0500, FeRD wrote:
>
>> OnResume 20 /usr/bin/xscreensaver-command -display :0.0 -deactivate
>>

> That shouldn't be necessary, hibernate should do the unlocking by itself
> [...]
>
> Or do you manually lock the screen instead of using the
> LockXScreenSaver configuration setting in hibernate.conf?

No, I'm using LockXScreenSaver. I'll have to check my hibernate logs.
All I know is that, before adding the OnResume, I used to sit staring at
a black screen for minutes (I'm kinda slow) before I realized that the
laptop was wide awake and just waiting for me to press a key to unblank it.

Thanks,
  -FeRD