[ltp] Re: Trouble with Cisco Aironet Wireless 802.11b on R40

Brad Langhorst linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 07 Feb 2006 09:16:25 -0500

Björn Lindström wrote:
> Brad Langhorst <brad@langhorst.com>:
>
>> Björn Lindström wrote:
>>
>>> # iwconfig eth1 mode managed essid dreaming key off
>> did you try to mark the card up before setting th essid?
>>
>> ifconfig eth1 up
>
> That doesn't make any difference.
>
> Here's what I get from dhclient, if that helps:
>
> # ifconfig eth1 up
> # iwconfig eth1 mode managed essid dreaming key off
> # iwconfig eth1

if that command doensn't show you being associate then there's no need
to try to get a lease...

sorry - i don't know much about the cisco card.
Is there some other process running that's messing with your association
  (wpa_supplication , network manager...)?

maybe somebody with more experience with a cisco card can help you.

best wishes

brad