[ltp] Re: flying ThinkPad

Josh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 10 Feb 2006 19:53:32 -0800 (PST)

Today I was running to catch the bus.  Suddenly my
laptop bag jerked as I felt it open up and became a
lot lighter.   I heard a crash as my new, very
expensive ThinkPad T43 flew through the air behind me
and hit the pavement hard.  I guess I had accidentally
left one side of the bag unzipped.

I saw a very large scrape in the metal on the left
edge of the case (screen side), but nothing was
shattered. If it had been made of plastic the computer
would have been completely destroyed.

The computer still works fine, with not even a bad
pixel.    It took the full impact on the side of the
screen, and there isn't even any extra play in the
hinges.  It's hard to believe.

I thought people might be interested in that story.
This is a tough computer.