[ltp] yet an other external monitor question (the same as ever) :)

Bill Sheppard linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 11 Feb 2006 20:14:01 -0800

Paul RIVIER wrote:
> Thank to your xorg.conf I could perfectly use my laptop on the projector.
>
> PS : I noticed that in any resolution I would use, the top of the
> screen was not displayed on the projectors (2 projectors were coupled
> as to display on 2 sides of the room). That corresponds roughly to the
> height of a gnome panel by default. This is not a big deal, but it was
> surprising. Probably a problem with the projectors settings ..?
I'm guessing the projector; I've not seen any problems showing the full
screen.  As was mentioned, sometimes forcing the projector to resync
(either via menu options on the projector or by switching to a text
console and back to graphics) might fix the problem.

Bill

Bill Sheppard                           Senior Industry Marketing Manager
bill.sheppard@sun.com                                Client Systems Group
(408) 404-1254 (x68154)                            Sun Microsystems, Inc.