[ltp] trackpoint + touchpad + usb mouse

mario linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 12 Feb 2006 00:18:13 -0800 (PST)

So, Pino Giaquinto wrote:
> My trackpoint and touchpad work fine on my notebook... but now I wish to
> use an usb mouse also. What I must add/modify in my xorg.conf?

Not sure what your xorg.conf file looks like. Mine worked out of the box.
Have you tried just plugging the mouse in?
Anyway, this here does the trick for me. Your milage may vary.

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier    "Configured Mouse"
    Driver        "mouse"
    Option        "CorePointer"
    Option        "Device"                  "/dev/input/mice"
    Option        "Protocol"                "ImPS/2"
    Option        "Emulate3Buttons"         "true"
    Option        "ZAxisMapping"            "4 5"
EndSection

The ZAxisMapping makes the wheel on my mouse work.

If this doesn't work for you, try

man 4x mouse

from a terminal.

Hope this helps.