[ltp] trackpoint + touchpad + usb mouse

Ulrich Kuehn linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 12 Feb 2006 11:16:45 +0100

On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 09:06 +0100, Pino Giaquinto wrote:
> My trackpoint and touchpad work fine on my notebook... but now I wish
> to use an usb mouse also.
> What I must add/modify in my xorg.conf?

Hi,

I use normally touchpad and trackpoint, plus a usb mouse when at home.
So I have something like

Section "ServerLayout"
        InputDevice     "Touchpad"
        InputDevice     "Configured Mouse"
        InputDevice     "Generic Mouse"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Driver          "synaptics"
        Identifier      "Touchpad"
        Option          "SHMConfig"             "on"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
        Option          "Protocol"              "PS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

in my xorg.conf. Note the SendCoreEvents stuff.

Hope this helps
Ulrich