[ltp] 802.11g cards that work with R40 2682

Sun, 12 Feb 2006 12:58:58 -0000 (WET)

> I'd like to update the wifi card in my R40 to an 802.11g one. However,
> I understand that the BIOS has a list of allowed cards, and that my
> new card has to be one of those.
>
> Does anyone know of a 802.11g card that works with the R40 (2682)
> without the need for any BIOS hacking?
>
> --

Hi!

Try ebay.
I bought an IBM a/b/g card, brand new and with a very good price.
I just swap my original Intel 2100 on my T40 with this one and it worked
like a charm ;)
Bought too a new modem/bluetooth daughter card to change my original only
modem daughter card, and a bluetooth antenna.
Finally, it has a Dothan 1,7Ghz with 2Mb cache now, instead the 1.3 1Mb
cache that was there.
All this bought in ebay, and with no problems.

Regards!