[ltp] Console blanking option?

Sun, 12 Feb 2006 17:18:56 +0200

--Fba/0zbH8Xs+Fj9o

On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 02:03:39PM +0100, Andr=E9 Wyrwa wrote:
> I just set up a X20/Gentoo based MythBox and want to disable the
> automatic display blanking that takes place after a few minutes.
>=20
> I remember that there was a kernel option in former kernels for that, i
> just can't find it anymore. Can someone please push my nose into the
> right spot?

I do not recall a kernel option, but 'setterm -blank 0' disables screen
blanking on a text-mode virtual console.  Each of those has a separate
setting, by the way.

I am not familiar with MythBox.  If it uses X, you may have to disable
xscreensaver, and the built-in screen blanker too (xset s off).  Perhaps
DPMS as well (xset -dpms).

And maybe you also need setterm -powersave off; setterm -powerdown 0.
And perhaps look for a 'blank screen' option in the BIOS.

HTH,
Marius Gedminas
--=20
Read what I mean, not what I write.