[ltp] Celeron M: sentenced to fan for life?

Macskasi Csaba linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 13 Feb 2006 12:02:41 +0100

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 21:53:08 +0100, Dan Jacobson <jidanni@jidanni.org>
wrote:

> So I am sentenced to never being away from the sound of the fan for
> more than 90 seconds?! You know, the feeling is like you have a child
> only to find out he has birth defects. What a loser I am.
>
> (P.S., saw "p4-clockmod: Warning: Pentium M detected..."!)
Celeron M and Pentium M are no P4-s.

If I was you, I would buy a Pentium M processor and replace the Celeron.
If a 1.4 ghz celeron was ok for you, than you can buy a pentium M with
even lower frequency and same performance. (=> bigger cache) Speedstep
will provide longer battery life and lower themperature even if the tp is
on ac.

--
Macskasi Csaba
bitumen@tuxworld.homelinux.org