[ltp] Re: Mouse/Trackpoint issues with mini-dock (and KVM switch)

Daniel Déchelotte linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 13 Feb 2006 16:21:34 +0100

André Wyrwa a écrit :

> Daniel Déchelotte wrote:
> > Disabled trackpoint :
> >  - As I plug my T41 onto the mini-dock, the trackpoint no longer
> >    responds
>
> At least on older models one could set that behaviour in the BIOS, via
> tpctl or through a Windows application. The PS/2 controller detects if
> a second mouse is plugged and can be configured to disable the
> TrackPoint in that case - or to leave it working.

Okay, I have just rebooted and the BIOS config utility told me that "the
internal trackpoint/touchpad will be disabled on plugging an external
mouse", with no apparent option to change that.

Furthermore, ntpctl reads:
    Int. pointing device (current)        enabled   (ctrable)
    Ext. Pointing device (current)        disabled  (not ctrable)
    Int. Pointing device (CMOS)           enabled   (ctrable)
    Ext. pointing device (CMOS)           disabled  (not ctrable)
I will try with tpctl tonight, with little hope, though.

Maybe a Windows application *can* change that setting? (This is a T41).

> > Lost wheel :
> >  - [...] as soon as I undock/redock, I lose the wheel. I have to
> >    issue
> >      sudo modprobe -r psmouse ; sudo modprobe psmouse
> >    for the wheel to be taken into account again. Same story if I use
> >    the KVM switch to switch to [...]
>
> I guess you'll have to live with that. But you could try triggering a
> redock event to make the module reloading automatic.

Mmm... Does anything happen at all, is any event sent when the KVM
switch switches to the thinkpad? An ACPI event, maybe?

> Since you probably use some hotkey to switch the KVM
> that might be triggerable as well.

I use a combo to switch the KVM, and I sure could set up a similar combo
to run the above command. (if this is what you meant).

Thanks for your answer, André!

--
Daniel Déchelotte
                  http://yo.dan.free.fr/