[ltp] Any success with Smart Link modem driver on an A31?

Mendel Cooper linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 13 Feb 2006 11:17:26 -0700 (MST)

Has anyone had any success with the Smart Link Soft Modem driver?
Specifically for the winmodem on an A31 TP -- it's an
Intel 82801CA/CAM AC'97 (Class 0703: 8086:2486), according to a hardware
probe. Running FC4, and maybe that's the problem.

I tried installing slmodem-2.9.11, but it wouldn't run. It compiled
and installed all right, but the slmodemd binary can't open the device
file /dev/slamr0. Strange, that, since the installation created the
/dev/slamr[0-4] device files, as prescribed . . .

By default, the install script installs /dev/slamr[0-4] with major number
242, though the README file says it should be 212. Well, I tried it both
ways. Same result.

Any ideas would be appreciated.