[ltp] Any success with Smart Link modem driver on an A31? (Success?)

Christopher Sawtell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 17 Feb 2006 09:55:47 +1300

On Friday 17 February 2006 07:49, Mendel Cooper wrote:
> I spoke too soon.
>
> Succeeded in getting on once, only once. Following attempts
> fail repeatedly with error messages:
>
> codec_semaphore: semaphore is not ready [0x1][0x301300]
> codec_read 1: semaphore is not ready for register 0x54
> codec_semaphore: semaphore is not ready [0x1][0x301300]
> codec_write 1: semaphore is not ready for register 0x54
>
> Anyone have any idea of what this means, and how to fix it?

I have exactly the same problem, in our case on a R50.
I believe it is depends on which country you are in.
I live in New Zealand.

The fix for us was to use a USB to serial adaptor and an external modem.
Not a real solution but the owner was not too unhappy.
--
CS