[ltp] X21 w/ 2.6.15, acpi suspend-to-ram needs to be resumed 3 times?!

Eric Jorgensen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 17 Feb 2006 15:14:47 -0700

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 17:23:53 +0000
Damien Challet <challet@maths.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> >    It also doesn't wake up when i open the lid - i have to hit the
> >    power
> > button to wake it up - all three times.
>
> there is a work around which consists in creating a file /tmp/to_sleep
> when  you close the lid, and then to forbid the script to suspend if this
> file  exists. Make the script delete it when waking up again.

   This doesn't help.

   I added this to the beginning of my sleep.sh action:

if [ -e /tmp/provigil ]
then
   exit 1
else
   touch /tmp/provigil
fi

   And a line at the end, after it's turned off the crescent moon LED, to
delete /tmp/provigil

   I still have to wake it up three times, and /var/log/acpid indicates
that it didn't error out.

   It's my guess, then, that sleep.sh is fully complete when it goes back
to sleep.