[ltp] pcmcia wireless card for T23

Sat, 18 Feb 2006 11:42:55 +0200

--+g7M9IMkV8truYOl

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 08:06:46PM +0000, Nigel Wilkinson wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 20:11:34 -0600
> Cheryl Homiak <chomiak@charter.net> wrote:
>=20
> > I'd like to get a pcmcia wireless card for my T23.=20

I had two.  One had the ADMTek 8211 chipset, another was an Atheros one.
Both worked.

> My T23 has the built in wireless card but my previous machine was a
> 600E which happily worked with a Linksys WPC11 ver 4 using ndiswrapper
> as the driver.
>=20
> Ndiswrapper is a way of using the windows drivers in Linux and as far
> as I can tell it worked great for me. Theoretically ndiswrapper should
> drive any card so long as you have the windows driver.

It is also a *very* unreliable solution, if you listen to Linux kernel
developers.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Real programmers don't write in BASIC.  Actually, no programmers write in
BASIC after reaching puberty.

--+g7M9IMkV8truYOl

--+g7M9IMkV8truYOl--