[ltp] t41p - screen turns off without a reason

Bert Haskins linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 18 Feb 2006 17:16:44 -0500

--------------020408090204080308030804

Have you tried this using and external monitor?
If it is OK with the external monitor, the problem is
probably a flacky inverter.

tnikkila@cc.hut.fi wrote:

>On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 20:23:13 +0000 Ted Frater <ted.frater@virgin.net> wrote:
>

>>You need to find out wether its a software problem or a hardware one.
>> Get an external monitor connected  to your thinkpad
>>with  the option in the bios to  display "Both" ie tft and crt.
>> then run it as usual. Report back what happens.
>>

>I'm fairly sure it's a hardware problem after trying it a couple of times more.
>It sometimes hangs hard - caps lock has no effect and there's no hard disk
>activity any more. I also tried to run Kubuntu from a CD with the problem being
>the same. Then finally it happened during boot with only GRUB running.
>
>I'll take it to repair and hope it's not a problem to them that I'm running an
>OS not recommended by the manufacturer.
>
>-Teemu
>

>>--

--------------020408090204080308030804

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Have you tried this using and external monitor?<br>
If it is OK with the external monitor, the problem is<br>
probably a flacky inverter.<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:tnikkila@cc.hut.fi">tnikkila@cc.hut.fi</a> wrote:<br>
 cite="mid1140298140.43f7919cc2a3d@webmail1.hut.fi">
    <pre wrap="">You need to find out wether its a software problem or a hardware one.
 Get an external monitor connected  to your thinkpad
with  the option in the bios to  display "Both" ie tft and crt.
 then run it as usual. Report back what happens.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->