[ltp] Modem in R50e

Pirity Tamas Gabor linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 09:35:44 +0100

Ha jól hiszem, ?????????????????? ??.?? írta az alábbiakat:
> In notebook : IBM Integrated 56K Modem
> I have AltLinux and kernel 2.6.12
>
> I try: SmartLink ( but modem don`t send tone in line)
> Intel 536ep - no device - driver dont see modem
> Intel 537ep - Operation not permitted (unknow)
>
> How i cant use my modem? What driver need?

Hello,

First sorry for my poor English.

I have a ThinkPad R50e too, and last weekend i worked on
setting up built-in modem.

SmartLink modem driver (sl-modem-source and sl-modem-daemon)
doesn't work with this device: i compiled this, then try
to insmod driver modul successfully, and try some AT commands
(ATZ, AT+FCLASS? etc.) looked successfully, but when i tried
to dial, modem always said ,,NO DIALTONE''. Same result with
slamr and alsa driver.

I try to change my country-settings (AT+GCI=51), but always
,,NO DIALTONE''. I found information (google) about this device,
it have ,,Conexant'' chipset, which is not compatible with
smartlink driver.

So i download Linuxant modem driver from www.linuxant.com,
it works fine. Unfortunately the free ,,trial'' version of
this driver works only with 14.4kbps and fax function is
not in it. But you can order a license for full version of
this driver for $19.99 (if you need), that will works and you
can have a fully functional modem in your very nice laptop.

For me the free driver is enough becouse i don't use
modem, just wanted to make working for fun. :)

If you think i can help you, just write to my private
e-mail address.

Bye,

--
PTG
Don't hate yourself in the morning -- sleep till noon.