[ltp] T23 Suspend2Ram and Suspend2Disk issues (savage framebuffer and tpb)

Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:23:17 +0100

Hi folks,

I had stable and reliable suspend to RAM and suspend to disk (using
suspend2 patches) on my T23.

Now I switched to a framebuffer console using savagefb, to get a
fbsplash progress display for suspend2. However, this seems to break
suspend to RAM. The LCD will be switched off, but the moon LED blinks
and the WLAN card is still active, it won't suspend. Can this be
solved, and how?

I also reactivated tpb (the ThinkPad OSD utility). When I suspend to
disk while the ThinkLight is switched on, X seems to hang after resume.
I can see a garbled tpb display in this case. I suppose that tpb tries
to show that the ThinkLight is now switched off, which causes the hang.

Can anyone help me with the above issues?

Regards,
Tino