[ltp] Hotswap driver (supports DMA, etc etc)

Jim Duchek linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 15:25:37 -0600

------=_Part_16279_30265244.1140557137632

Hi.  I got bored last night (freakin' business trips) and wrote an ACPI
driver to handle hotswapping of IDE drives and batteries (yeah, I know
batteries don't need much support, but was annoying to not be able to see m=
ultrabay battery if I didn't boot with it in).

It works well on my T22, but I'd like some adventurous souls to give it a g=
as well and see if it's allright.  It should work on just about anything,
not just Thinkpads, but I'm not sure.  The ACPI namespace stuff needs to be
hardcoded in, I took the secondary master namespaces from the ibm-acpi
module and added the one I saw on my home (desktop) machine...  so it ought
to at least work for all thinkpads.  I'm sure other systems would need
additions, though.

I don't want to attach a tarball to this list (even though it's only a
little over 10k) and my webspace is down right now...  Be happy to email it
to anyone in the time being, I'd certainly like to see it tested a bit.

Thanks,
Jim

------=_Part_16279_30265244.1140557137632

Hi.  I got bored last night (freakin' business trips) and wrote an ACP=
I driver to
handle hotswapping of IDE drives and batteries (yeah, I know batteries
don't need much support, but was annoying to not be able to see my
ultrabay battery if I didn't boot with it in).
to give it a go as well and see if it's allright.&nbsp; It should work on
just about anything, not just Thinkpads, but I'm not sure.&nbsp; The ACPI n=
amespace stuff needs to be hardcoded in, I took the secondary master namesp=
aces from the ibm-acpi module and added the one I saw on my home (desktop) =
machine...&nbsp; so it ought to at least work for all thinkpads.&nbsp; I'm =
sure other systems would need additions, though.
don't want to attach a tarball to this list (even though it's only a
little over 10k) and my webspace is down right now...&nbsp;