[ltp] Hotswap driver (supports DMA, etc etc)

Stefan Schmidt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 22:47:41 +0100

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE

Hello.

On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 15:25, Jim Duchek wrote:
> Hi.  I got bored last night (freakin' business trips) and wrote an ACPI
> driver to handle hotswapping of IDE drives and batteries (yeah, I know
> batteries don't need much support, but was annoying to not be able to see my
> ultrabay battery if I didn't boot with it in).

Sounds good. But i'am surprised that the whole kernel infrastrucrure
is already there.

> I don't want to attach a tarball to this list (even though it's only a
> little over 10k) and my webspace is down right now...  Be happy to email it
> to anyone in the time being, I'd certainly like to see it tested a bit.

I think send the patch to the list not a problem. If you still don't
want this. Please mail as pm. By the way, if you need webspace just
ask.

regards
Stefan Schmidt

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE