[ltp] Re: Hotswap driver (supports DMA, etc etc)

Jim Duchek linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:09:51 -0600

------=_Part_333_16420489.1140559791193

Okay, my host came back up:

http://www.churchofjim.org/sources/lt_hotswap-0.1.5.tar.gz

YMMV.  Enjoy, and let me know, it does still need some work.

Jim

On 21/02/06, Jim Duchek <jim.duchek@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi.  I got bored last night (freakin' business trips) and wrote an ACPI
> driver to handle hotswapping of IDE drives and batteries (yeah, I know
> batteries don't need much support, but was annoying to not be able to see=
 my
> ultrabay battery if I didn't boot with it in).
>
> It works well on my T22, but I'd like some adventurous souls to give it a
> go as well and see if it's allright.  It should work on just about anythi=
ng,
> not just Thinkpads, but I'm not sure.  The ACPI namespace stuff needs to =
be
> hardcoded in, I took the secondary master namespaces from the ibm-acpi
> module and added the one I saw on my home (desktop) machine...  so it oug=
ht
> to at least work for all thinkpads.  I'm sure other systems would need
> additions, though.
>
> I don't want to attach a tarball to this list (even though it's only a
> little over 10k) and my webspace is down right now...  Be happy to email =
it
> to anyone in the time being, I'd certainly like to see it tested a bit.
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

------=_Part_333_16420489.1140559791193

Okay, my host came back up:<br><br><a href=3D"http://www.churchofjim.org/so=
urces/lt_hotswap-0.1.5.tar.gz">http://www.churchofjim.org/sources/lt_hotswa=
 need some work.
ss=3D"gmail_sendername">Jim Duchek</b> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jim.duchek@gma=
il.com">jim.duchek@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:</span><blockquote class=3D"gmai=
l_quote" style=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0p=
t 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
Hi.&nbsp; I got bored last night (freakin' business trips) and wrote an ACP=
I driver to
handle hotswapping of IDE drives and batteries (yeah, I know batteries
don't need much support, but was annoying to not be able to see my
ultrabay battery if I didn't boot with it in).
to give it a go as well and see if it's allright.&nbsp; It should work on
just about anything, not just Thinkpads, but I'm not sure.&nbsp; The ACPI n=
amespace stuff needs to be hardcoded in, I took the secondary master namesp=
aces from the ibm-acpi module and added the one I saw on my home (desktop) =
machine...&nbsp; so it ought to at least work for all thinkpads.&nbsp; I'm =
sure other systems would need additions, though.
don't want to attach a tarball to this list (even though it's only a
little over 10k) and my webspace is down right now...&nbsp;